Mayor's Intern Fellows Program
The Mayor’s Intern Fellows program modeled after the White House Fellows Program, available to Dallas Public and Charter Schools, offers sophomores and juniors meaningful career experiences at Dallas-area companies, universities and organizations with paid summer employment. As interns, students learn job-related skills and useful information about the company, its industry and working in general. They also shadow experienced employees and interact with company executives. Host companies over the last three years include AT&T, Atmos Energy, Brinker International, Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, Deloitte, JPMorgan Chase, Parkland Hospital and Southern Methodist University.
Here's How It Works:
- EIF takes the student applications and compiles a database of applicants for the participating companies to review
- The companies send back a list of students they want to interview
- EIF faciliates Business 101 trainings to prepare students for the workplace.
- EIF conducts the Internship Job Fair
Every student gets at least 1-3
- After the fair, companies give EIF their list of ideal candidates
- EIF matches students to companies
- Intern Fellows attend a leadership development workshop
- Intern Fellows participate in a community service event.
Deadline to Apply: April 1, 2013*
Click Here To Apply